Serving Your Family's Oral Health Needs through the Generations
As you and your children age, your oral health needs will change. While young children and teens can benefit from preventive dentistry to establish healthy smiles for a lifetime, adults and geriatric patients may require cosmetic or restorative dental care to treat their aging smiles. Dr. Douglas Pohl provides comprehensive family dentistry services tailored to the unique needs of each of your family members. Rather than scheduling multiple appointments at various locations, your entire family can receive dental care at our practice in Fort Walton Beach, FL.
Helping Children Build Healthy Habits
We provide a warm and family-friendly atmosphere at our practice to make sure it is a great destination for young patients who need dental care. According to the American Dental Association, your child should visit a dentist within six months after their first tooth erupts. This will help your child become comfortable with the idea of dental visits for the rest of his or her life. During a pediatric appointment, Dr. Pohl will evaluate the health of the teeth and gums and provide treatment to address oral health issues. At our office, common dental treatments for children include:
- Cleanings and Exams: Biannual cleanings are an important part of identifying and treating concerns before the onset of serious symptoms. During a cleaning, we can also instruct your child on proper brushing and flossing techniques.
- Emergency Dentistry: Due to their active lifestyle, children are more likely to require emergency dental care for knocked out teeth or other problems.
- Dental Fillings: The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research estimates that 42 percent of children will acquire cavities in their permanent teeth. In this case, Dr. Pohl can remove decay and carefully place a dental filling.
- Fluoride Treatments: These treatments are very safe, simple, and reinforce your child's smile with fluoride to protect their enamel.
- Sealants: According to the Centers for Disease Control, children who do not receive these protective coatings for their teeth are three times more likely to suffer from cavities than children who do receive sealants.
- Sports Mouth Guards: A custom oral appliance can protect your child from knocked out teeth and other oral injuries during contact sports.
In addition to our wide range of service offerings, many patients bring their children to our office due to our warm, caring bedside manner.
Love this dentist office. My granddaughter is very shy and they are always so patient with her.
Comprehensive Care for Adults
From regular dental exams to diverse tooth replacement options, Dr. Pohl can serve the various oral health needs of the adults in your family. For many of us, a healthy-looking, radiant smile is an important factor in career growth and building relationships.
In a 2013 study, Kelton Global revealed that 48 percent of adults believe that a smile is the most memorable impression when first meeting someone. If you are concerned about the appearance of your smile, we can provide teeth whitening, porcelain veneers and comprehensive treatment plans known as smile makeovers. Additionally, Dr. Pohl can provide general dental treatment such as root canal therapy for oral health issues dental infections which often develop during adulthood.
Serving the Needs of Geriatric Patients
Extensive tooth loss affects millions of American adults. The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research found that 27 percent of seniors nationwide have no remaining teeth. Whether trauma, gum disease, or extensive decay have led to your tooth loss, Dr. Pohl can help. Our practice has worked with a dental lab for over 20 years to provide high quality, custom restorations for our patients. Dr. Pohl can design and place dental crowns, dental bridges, and dentures to help restore function to your smile and rejuvenate your facial features.
Schedule an Appointment
Our practice serves patients of all ages, allowing you to receive treatment for your whole family all under one roof. We see many generational patients and look forward to building a lasting relationship with your family for years to come. Schedule dental exams for your entire family by calling us at (850) 243-0800 or contacting us online.